PDA

View Full Version : Vote for After Dark Horrorfest Scream Queen

DjfunkmasterG
11-Oct-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey Deadheads, need your help. My friend Cindy, her husband Lonnie, and I spent a good part of last night, shooting a video for her entry into the After Dark Horror Fest Scream Queen. This is sponsored by You Tube and After Dark.

Watch the video:

qbP19Ja-QB8

Then head here to vote for it by rating the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbP19Ja-QB8

MinionZombie
11-Oct-2008, 04:59 PM
Kick arse vid, and consider it voted for. :)

Skippy911sc
11-Oct-2008, 06:45 PM
That was great...nice work.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Oct-2008, 03:37 AM
Thank You Thank You. I personally feel it is the best cinematography work I have every done. Lonnie did a good comedic script, and the lighting just worked perfect.

MinionZombie
12-Oct-2008, 10:20 AM
I forwarded the info to a bunch of my friends on my email list in order to grab a few more views and votes. :)

Bub666
12-Oct-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah great video,I voted for it.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Oct-2008, 04:29 PM
Cindy says Thanks everyone. And I of course thank you as well.

DawnGirl27
12-Oct-2008, 11:03 PM
Good job! Voted, too.

MikePizzoff
13-Oct-2008, 02:57 AM
5-starred. Great work, G! I'm very impressed. Best I've seen of yours thus far.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Oct-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks Mike, and everyone else.

Yeah, for some reason the stars and planets were aligned just right for that. Too bad You Tube makes it look so dark because it isn't as dark as the You Tube vid portrays it to be.

bassman
13-Oct-2008, 11:18 AM
For some reason she reminds me of Columbia from Rocky Horror Picture Show.:rockbrow:

Anywho...cool video, dj.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Oct-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks Bass.

I can't say enough how cool it was to work on this video. Cindy and Lonnie (Her Husband) wanted to do this throwback to the Elvira type horror hosts. Her Betty Paige style costume and Long Island accent just throw a bit of laughter into the mix.

What was cool about this video is that it is all shot on Tripod, with minimal camera movement. Only time we moved it was when she did her waggle on the cemetary scene at the end. The thing that pleased me the most was when Lonnie asked me to do Cinematography and the final cut, he even said I will let you do it in 2.35:1, which as any of you know is the only aspect ratio I will ever use.

When we were shooting this we were talking about a different look for each scene. For the Graveyard I was asking them if they wanted it to be in B&W.
For her spoof of Sarah Palin, I said do you want me to switch the camera to broadcast mode to give it the TV look, but in the end once everything was lit and shot... It ended up having this Grindhouse feel, so during post production I added in the scratches and soundtrack noise.

I actually made a 5.1 DTS surround mix of the video and did an HD export of the footage. While it wasn't shot in HD, Sony Vegas can export to Blu-Ray specifications. Why would I do that you ask? because I have the DTS mixing plug-in and figured, what the hell I have never tried the HD export on Vegas so I might as well have gave it a try to see how it works.

It was a fun night on the set, Lonnie laughed after he lit of the mini cemetary they made in their backyard, saying he wants a career in low budget cheesy horror. I have to admit even I got a kick out of the whole event and it made get a new found respect for over the top low budget horror.

BTW, many of you may or maynot know... Cindy, Helena in the video, was the chick who had her throat torn out in Deadlands: The Rising.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Oct-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

Today is the last day for voting on the Miss Horrorfest III contest. if you haven't done so can you check out the video and please rate it for us. Don't rate a 5 just to help us out, please give us your true rating.

Thanks

Gary

darth los
17-Oct-2008, 06:44 PM
For some reason she reminds me of Columbia from Rocky Horror Picture Show.:rockbrow:

Now Bassman. Is that nice?

Awesome Deej. You got my vote. Anything else we can do just say the word.

:cool:

bassman
17-Oct-2008, 07:29 PM
Now Bassman. Is that nice?

Huh? I guess....:rockbrow:

clanglee
17-Oct-2008, 07:46 PM
I thought Columbia was kinda hot.

I'd love to vote Dj, but I can't get in from work. . If it's still going on after I get home tonight. . I will vote.

DawnGirl27
17-Oct-2008, 11:40 PM
Going to vote again....Hope she wins!

capncnut
18-Oct-2008, 01:53 AM
Watched, loved and much sugar given ratewise. :D

DjfunkmasterG
18-Oct-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks guys. The contest is now over and we should find out this weekend or tonight if Helena, Hussy of Horror makes it to the next round.

X-ing fingers.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Oct-2008, 11:47 PM
UPDATE, we didn't get chosen, but Helena still lives, see the filmmaker forum for a Brand New Video of Helena, doing an Introduction for my new film Deadlands 2.

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2008, 10:40 AM
UPDATE, we didn't get chosen, but Helena still lives, see the filmmaker forum for a Brand New Video of Helena, doing an Introduction for my new film Deadlands 2.
Dang dude.

Still, it was a kick arse vid and you certainly were a strong contender, and it is a short to be proud of.

*runs off to filmmaker forum*

DawnGirl27
28-Oct-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, sorry to hear that, DJ. Already saw the video, so cool she was able to be brought back.

Bub666
28-Oct-2008, 10:58 PM

That freaking sucks,sorry.