Thread: Dont mess with the Gurkhas...

England

Dont mess with the Gurkhas...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...=feeds-newsxml

Damn!

This incident, however, has apparently appalled Afghans on all sides, not least because it offends the Muslim tradition of burying the dead with all body parts, attached or unattached
    So what do they do with a suicide bomber who is blown to pieces? double standards methinks?
    Last edited by Tricky; 20-Jul-2010 at 08:13 PM.

England
    These guys are beyond awesome...fearless little men of iron.

As for the guy who got the Taleban commander, he should be given a medal.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    To prove that they had got their man, the Gurkhas attempted to remove the body for identification. Further enemy fire necessitated a fast exit minus corpse. So, an unnamed soldier drew his kukri - the standard-issue Gurkha knife - removed the man's head and legged it.
    Hey, it's not pretty but it was a 'high value' target and that is definitely helpful in establishing whether the mission parameters were completed. It's gotta be safer than hauling the whole body out of a dangerous area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So what do they do with a suicide bomber who is blown to pieces? double standards methinks?
    Interesting point!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Wow, he really followed his orders, I am glad those guys are on our side.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

England
    The Gurkhas are held in high regard by everyone in Britain barring successive governments it seems, im suprised they have stayed so loyal to Britain after the way they have been treated in the past. Hopefully the cons will look after them more than Labour did.
    Anyway its definitely a good thing they are on our side, they are fearless! I would be willing to bet good money that if we withdrew all our standand units, and left the gurkhas backed by the paras & marines out there without all the political ROE that ties their hands, the taliban would very quickly be beaten!