Thread: And now for something completely different...

Dead

Undisclosed

And now for something completely different...

For absolutely no reason at all....

I just felt there's nothing better than a laugh mid-week.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Life of Brain was their best work outside of the series. Yet somehow Holy Grail always gets the attention and Brian almost seems forgotten...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Couldn't agree more about Life of Brian. But I've been working 70 hour weeks for about a month now without a day off and just watched this clip today. Needless to say it cheered me right up.

Undisclosed
    a bit of Monty Python makes even the most humdrum day a bit better...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    it's actually very intelligent comedy and the monty python lot astound me with their intricate humour...

I think the Holy Grail is a bit over rated - it can feel a bit laboured and boring after the first 30 minutes - admittedly the first 30 minutes are probably the most funny in any movie ever made - but after that it sort of lags a bit.

Life of Brian however is hilarious all the way through, right up to the last song - amazing. There's barely a bad joke in there - some classic and very repeatable lines.

Unfortunately though, for repeatable-ness - Holy Grail wins outright with this one:

"look here, ladies in lakes distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. we need a direct mandate handed down to the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony!"

"Well I thought we were an autonomous collective"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.