Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US student thrown across classroom by police officer?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    He tries to hold her, but you can see he loses control of her as she's falling back. His grip is in no way protecting her.
    Concussions can happen real easy and can be fatal. Read that again, FATAL, if left untreated.

We're watching the same video alright and I'm not the least bit surprised she got hurt from that beating. Looks severe. I'm glad the cops sided with me on this one and not you, no offense..

Ireland
    So the kid was messing on her phone, asked to leave the class, didn't, and robocop lost the plot.

That guy should never be put near children again, if that's his answer to such a "crime".

He clearly has some serious issues going on, if that's his solution to what the girl was doing. BTW, the girl is still "under arrest". Under arrest for what? Using he phone in class?

When did 'Judge Dredd' stop being a comic an become reality?

That kind of "offence" certainly did not warrant that kind of overreaction from the cop.

Frankly the "teacher" needs some education too. The girl took her phone out for a second according to another pupil and that was enough for this situation to spark off?

Crazy nonsense.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    ...she got hurt from that beating.
    ...now he hit her?

I do understand concussion. I do understand falls.

Maybe I've just seen too many years of judo and I'm used to seeing people falling over in what appears to be a "forceful" manner...

If she was injured I sincerely apologise for under estimating the matter... But again, still doesn't look bad to me.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If she was injured I sincerely apologise for under estimating the matter... But again, still doesn't look bad to me.
    She was injured.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Frankly the "teacher" needs some education too. The girl took her phone out for a second according to another pupil and that was enough for this situation to spark off?
    Maybe it was a repeating issue? Maybe "a second" is conjecture? And if the teacher asks the pupil to leave the room and they refuse? What should they do? We already know a superior member of staff was then called and repeated the order to leave the classroom? So how exactly is the teacher at fault now?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Should this kid be given a civil rights pass? Should the headline read white Teacher takes black student's phone? This could have easily become the same exact scenario as the fired cop. If the teacher had taken that girl's cell phone, you can bet that she would have been all over her teacher just like this!

Our society embraces being the victim as winning which is incredibly stupid. Disrespectful little bastards...
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 29-Oct-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: ...

Ireland
    Maybe it was a repeating issue? Maybe "a second" is conjecture? And if the teacher asks the pupil to leave the room and they refuse? What should they do? We already know a superior member of staff was then called and repeated the order to leave the classroom? So how exactly is the teacher at fault now?
    Assuming that the student who said that she looked at her phone for a second and other students say they didn't know what she had done are being truthful, then I think that this "disruption" was an extremely minor one and one that warrants a simple "put the phone away please".

It most certainly didn't warrant the result that we see.

Christ, when I was in school we were asked to put stuff away all the time and had things confiscated off of us until class ended.

There's nothing here for the teacher to call a member of admin for and definitely nothing for robocop to go off on one. He even arrested another student for simply questioning what he was doing!

It's absolute madness. The guy clearly has some problems.

Administrator

England
    ^^ This is part of my issue with the case in hand. She had repeated choices and chances to resolve the matter but did not. If anything happened by her forcing the matter is she blame free?

Where does this path lead?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    ^^ This is part of my issue with the case in hand. She had repeated choices and chances to resolve the matter but did not. If anything happened by her forcing the matter is she blame free?

"The kid could have ended it at any time, seeing as she was a fully functional and responsible adult. Since she did not, a violent reaction to her cell phone useage was clearly warranted. I am not interested in her circumstances, who she is, who the police officer is, if she was injured or what lead up to the events. All I can see are the black and whites of the matter."

Ireland

It SHOULDN'T lead to what we see in the video.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 29-Oct-2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    "The kid could have ended it at any time, seeing as she was a fully functional and responsible adult. Since she did not, a violent reaction to her cell phone useage was clearly warranted. I am not interested in her circumstances, who she is, who the police officer is, if she was injured or what lead up to the events. All I can see are the black and whites of the matter."
    Easy there tiger!

Re-read the thread and you'll see you're not being very fair there...

- - - Updated - - -

It SHOULDN'T lead to what we see in the video.
    What should have happened do you recon?

ps: Any news about her injuries? I'm interested to see any verification of them (not something laweyer pulled out the back of his car )
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Ireland
    As far as we can tell, the student pulled her phone out for a second, probably to check a text. According to other students it was out for a very short time, so short, in fact, that the majority of the class didn't even notice. This negates the "repeated offence".

The teacher, I presume, tells her to put it away or asks for it and calls the admin staff, who asks her to leave class. She refuses (and according to one student the girl even apologised) and then robocop is called in. He says "Are you going to come with me or am I going to make you? Come on. I’m going to get you up...will you move, will you move." She says "I don't even know who you are" and then does his thing. Another girl says "What the fuck, is this really happening...etc" and she gets arrested too.

That's what I can gather from reading what people have said in Neds article.

What SHOULD have happened was that the teacher asks her to put away the phone and then carry on with his job.

Situation over.

There's no need for anything to go any further than that.

Administrator

England
    As far as we can tell, the student pulled her phone out for a second, probably to check a text. According to other students it was out for a very short time, so short, in fact, that the majority of the class didn't even notice. This negates the "repeated offence".
    ie: If she's done it previous times (previous lessons/days) and been repeatedly warned etc etc...

The teacher, I presume, tells her to put it away or asks for it and calls the admin staff, who asks her to leave class. She refuses (and according to one student the girl even apologised) and then robocop is called in. He says "Are you going to come with me or am I going to make you? Come on. I’m going to get you up...will you move, will you move." She says "I don't even know who you are" and then does his thing. Another girl says "What the fuck, is this really happening...etc" and she gets arrested too.

That's what I can gather from reading what people have said in Neds article.
    A lot of that is conjecture of course... The teacher could have asked her to leave X times. A superior could have asked her to leave X times. The officer in question has been noted as asking her 4-5 times to leave before using physical force...

Simply implying she was asked once doesn't seem a fair assumption?

What SHOULD have happened was that the teacher asks her to put away the phone and then carry on with his job.

Situation over.

There's no need for anything to go any further than that.
    And if that's what had happened the day before... and the day before that... and the day before that... and she'd been told repeatedly not to use the phone in class over and over?

ie: You're assuming she used a phone for 1 second (ever)? That's an assumption again, ignoring a quite likely alternative scenario that there's a real reason for the matter to be more significant...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Easy there tiger!

Re-read the thread and you'll see you're not being very fair there...
    I am, tho because even after information of her injuries surface you still doubt them. I'm just glad you don't work in either law enforcement or the education system because you don't seem very fair at all and you don't seem willing to look at this issue in any other way than black and white. Maybe you are right but you're not even attempting to convey a sense of understanding for the fact that people are upset about a law enforcement officer beating and injuring a kid in school who was playing with her phone and whom we know nothing about.