Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you hear about the Pet food recall?

United States

Did you hear about the Pet food recall?

There is a recall on canned dog and cat food right now in USA it cause complete renal failure then animal dies!
    If you want a complete story here is a link about it in my area www.pittsburghchannel.com. I just was thinking if anyone has pets I would want someone to warn me about it! I saw a woman on the news her dog died from it..soo sad!
    It's not just one brand of food or name brand its all kinds of brands!!! So, the news is saying to be on safe side dont feed your pet canned food for right now! Well the story is on that link for more info!!! Dry dog food is ok!

Dying

Undisclosed
    I heard about that last night. We had some of the food in question in our pantry and have pulled it accordingly. No symptoms present (although, how do you know if lethargy in a cat is from poisoning, or just natural?).
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    I heard about that last night. We had some of the food in question in our pantry and have pulled it accordingly. No symptoms present (although, how do you know if lethargy in a cat is from poisoning, or just natural?).

Pet owners should call a veterinarian immediately if pets show symptoms of illness, including loss of appetite, excessive drinking and/or vomiting.

"Any of those kinds of signs or symptoms, they say that something's wrong, and that should be checked out," said Smarick.

That is what the news is saying ...I dont know we have outside cats and we feed them canned cat food!

Undisclosed
    if pets show symptoms of illness, including loss of appetite, excessive drinking and/or vomiting
    My dog is an alcoholic so this just seems like regular behavior

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    It's not just one brand of food or name brand its all kinds of brands!!! So, the news is saying to be on safe side dont feed your pet canned food for right now! Well the story is on that link for more info!!! Dry dog food is ok!
    Damn Deb, that's pretty scary. <holds dog tight>

United States
    My dog Angel has all the symptoms and I am not sure she is going to live thru the night! I am not sure if she had a stroke or it is the dog food I just heard its in the dry dog food and I cant get in touch with any Vets over the weekend and there arent any Vet hospitals near here!!
    So, keep an eye on you dogs and cats cause I am watching my Little Angel drift away from me right now...sorry I am just feeling really bad right now!

I just had an update my husband called store where we bought the dog food..thankfully its not on the list so its a stroke she might be able to recover!
    Sorry, I am just soo tired and worried,these little animals sure wrap themselves around your heart!
    Anyway, just love your little animals whatever they may be!!!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 25-Mar-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hmmm, wonder if this has owt to do with the new ad's over here from the rspca talking about "new laws being brought out to feed your pets right"?

Banned User

United States
    I think now they are saying rat poison has been found in pet food as well and many more pet deaths are expected.

United States
    My Angel passed away 11:00 pm eastern standard time USA time!
    I believe she had strokes not the dog food..my other dogs are not affected and they ate the same food!
    I just wanted to clarify about the dog food!

Spain
    I hope that Angel can survive. Give it a little of love from me!.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    I hope that Angel can survive. Give it a little of love from me!.
    Hues,
    Angel died last night but thank you! She was a very loyal dog/friend and I am very sad! Thank you!
    It is something how you get attached to these little animals!

Spain
    Hues,
    Angel died last night but thank you! She was a very loyal dog/friend and I am very sad! Thank you!
    It is something how you get attached to these little animals!
    I'm sorry for you. I love "these little animals" too. My doggy is fine for now. I understand your pain... If I can help you in something, you can count with me...

capncnut
    My Angel passed away 11:00 pm eastern standard time USA time!
    Angel R.I.P.

United States
    Sorry about your pet, Debbie
    RIP

Apparently one company in Canada (rat poison inc.) makes like 90% of pet food. I guess they ARE all the same.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hey my dog's 15 years old, only 3 years younger than me, so i can tell you it aint that surprising to see dogs and cats as family, i cant stand the bastards that buy a dog then leave it out all year round in a kennel surrounded by wire, that aint a life for an animal.