Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOLY SHIT! rabid dog attacked my family! :stunned:

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

HOLY SHIT! rabid dog attacked my family! :stunned:

Just got a call from my mom. Apparently a rabid pitbull/rottweiler mongrel showed up on their estate from the local gypsy camp. It started violently attacking their THREE adult huskies, and was in the process of dragging the largest away under the fence!

My moms boyfriend threw a breezeblock on its head, tried dragging it off, now he's in the ER having his pinky finger re-attatched!
    finally my mom resorted to stabbing it with a kitchen knife and it finally ran off, taking the biggest huskies front right paw with it!

jesus jumped up christ. what in the fuck?

a man and 3 expensive, loyal, and above all SANE dogs are scarred for life because the local gypos let one of their fighting dogs loose. apparently the police is down there now and the gypsies want to get my mom arrested for animal cruelty.
    Now im real anti animal cruelty but this is an extreme case of self defence and who keeps killer dogs near a god damn culdesac that has like 2 dozen kids of primary school age there?!?

jesus...

England
    And people wonder why the basic impression of gypos/travellers is that they are pure f*cking scum.

Sincerely upset that your mums dogs have been attacked in this way. It's a good job that your mum and her boyfriend were around to defend the dogs.

And as you say, if this mad dog had wandered into the path of small children, it would have been horrible.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    And as you say, if this mad dog had wandered into the path of small children, it would have been horrible.
    dude the dog it was dragging away was bigger than a wolf and had walked away from a full on collision with a truck. This was a case of crazy over brawn and by the sounds of it this dog was fucked. if a brickshithouse of a dog like our biggest huskie got ravaged so bad a small human child would have been torn apart like wet paper.

Super Moderator

United States
    Hellsing, my condolences to you and your family.

I've had lots of problems with dogs off their leashes the last few years at my current residence, even going so far as calling the police and banging on neighbors doors, but no real injuries to anyone. I always have in the back of my mind that some beast of a dog, no doubt owned by some irresponsible piece of shit, will be wandering around the neighborhood and come across my wife while she's walking her small dog.

The inability to control how others might put our loved ones and ourselves at risk through their own carelessness or stupidity is so frustrating. And of course, now that something has actually happened, it's up to you and your family to pick up the pieces, those at fault probably aren't going to shoulder any real responsibility.

I'm interested in how things progress from here with regards to the dog and its owners. The most important thing, however is the health and recovery of your family and their huskies and I'll hope for the best in that regard.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    my moms boyfriend is already in surgery trying to reattach the fingers- both pinky and middle and hoping the nerves take again and the dogs paw is just gone. god knows whats going to happen. hate to think this amazing, and lets be honest, very expensive pure bred huskie might have to be put down due to some lazy travellers incompetence.
    but the police said sometimes they let fighting dogs off the leash on purpose to see "if they can hack it against anything" to prove they are worthy fighting dogs. fucking monsters.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Not trying to sound like a dick.

Aggressive dogs do not last long around here, especially if their owners decide to let them run free. If I'm working somewhere, I will always have a firearm of some type close to me. An aggressive dog or one that is acting funny goes in the bone pit. Local and state laws give me a lot of leeway on how I handle these situations.

If the dog owner gets pissed, so be it. He not only has to put up with me, but he has to put up with every one of my neighbors. If he insists on creating a dangerous situation for the rest of us, he may return home to find a pile of ashes where his house was.

I really do not know how to provide advice other than getting together with other people and hammering it into your local government that this type of stuff will not be tolerated if they do not want to be voted out.

Super Moderator

United States
    It's almost enough to make you understand that old school mentality of not trusting 'rootless' people passing through their town. The sort of thing you read about in old novels or see in other somewhat dated media. No real identity, no real connection to the area = the real possibility of no responsibility or accountability and therefore crime.

I hope they get the attacking dog in custody, look at all the other animals in these travelers possession for proper records, health etc. and--almost too much to hope for here--legally nail one of the 'owners' for the attack.

Most importantly, I hope something can be worked out for the mauled husky. That's unimaginably sad.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Nightmare situation Hells, hope all works out as well as it can do following that. Your family ought to watch it for further problems with these gypos too, you know how these travellers are nasty pieces of work and think they are above the law! (which they generally are seen as the police refuse to go on their sites for "safety" reasons).
    Some gypos were following me in a van once several years ago when I was out walking my staffordshire bull terrier, they kept pulling up alongside me and offering me money for him, theres no way they were having him though as A) I'm very attached to that dog and B) they clearly wanted him for breeding & fighting, which would likely end up in a horrible death for him so I told them to shove it.

Administrator

England
    They'll round later to tarmac your drive!

Keep us updated! Scary stuff!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Geez, man, that's awful. Having a finger reattached? A lost paw? Holy crap!

That said... the most surprising thing in this thread to me ... gypsies exist? Is your family gonna get a curse put on you? I have to say... if the gypsy dog is nuts I can only imagine what messing with an actual gypsy would result in.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Some gypos were following me in a van once several years ago when I was out walking my staffordshire bull terrier, they kept pulling up alongside me and offering me money for him, theres no way they were having him though as A) I'm very attached to that dog and B) they clearly wanted him for breeding & fighting, which would likely end up in a horrible death for him so I told them to shove it.
    Yeah these same gypos followed my brother like that. We've always been a big dog family for like i dunno, 8 generations at least we've kept and bred dogs like huskies and german shepherds and wolf hounds. My brother followed this trend and got a husky too. 6 months ago he fit in your palm, now he's almost as big as the biggest one thats 5 years old. even the vets say he is unnaturally massive for his age and every time he walks it the gypos slow down and start eyeing it and asking him weird questions. Once i was with him and saw a guy slowly reach to open the door with a hammer and some rope and i said to him "look here, i abhor violence, but we both know what you are trying to do. if you exit your vehicle i will break your legs, make a choice" and they sped off as luckily a cop car rounded the corner. i imagine that would have gotten nasty. now my brother walks with at least 2 others. 3 big dogs like that does the job to get the stolen transit vans to leave them alone.

Super Moderator

United States
    Trin, just so you know to watch out for the evil eye, 'Travellers' even exist as a semi-organized lifestyle in the US, though not to the extent they seem to have them in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing, "The Gentleman's Bruiser" View Post
    "look here, i abhor violence, but we both know what you are trying to do. if you exit your vehicle i will break your legs, make a choice."
    All joking aside, that is scrary as hell.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Geez, man, that's awful. Having a finger reattached? A lost paw? Holy crap!

That said... the most surprising thing in this thread to me ... gypsies exist? Is your family gonna get a curse put on you? I have to say... if the gypsy dog is nuts I can only imagine what messing with an actual gypsy would result in.
    very few of these modern "gypos" are actual irish/eastern european gypsies anymore. The only ones i have ever seen in the midlands are the ,for lack of a better, less badass term, outlaws who just decided 'i dont want to work or pay bills' and they basically live like a verminous underclass. stealing and coming into towns to commit violence and theft. They roll up onto a towns outskirts in their camper vans and mad max vans they have stolen. render a sizable portion of the land dead and uninhabited by wildlife for years afterwards and eventually the police either move them or some young girl gets attacked by the younger blokes or something and they mysteriously move on that night- back in the day towns/ villages would not be unknown to band together to lynch them out of town after some drunk gypo lads came into town and assumed "leave me alone" was 'townie lass' speak for "please beat then rape me".

its odd to describe, sounds like something you would see in red dead redemption right? just imagine if the most backwards, inbred white trash trailer park scum actually pulled their trailers into your town and killed off the area till they were ran off again.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow...sorry about the fam/dogs, dude.

Recently on the local news they've been talking about a new law in which pittbull/rotweiler/any big dogs would have to be licensed and regularly checked/regulated by animal control so that these sort of incidents don't occur. Of course all the owners of said dogs are claiming its "dog profiling".

Those kinds of dogs are a big problem around here, as i'm sure they are most everywhere else. All the "thugs" and "gangstas" think you're not cool unless you have a big, violent dog. They train them to be that way and then wonder why the bastard's chew up the neighborhood three-year-old on her scooter.

United States
    Can't add much that the others haven't already other than my condolences. Even though I know it to be the case, it still kind of blows my mind that REAL gypsies are still out there, but what you're describing? Man, that's a whole 'nother realm of weird...