Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Administrator

England
    So, folks who have been vaccinated.... Any side effects?

Many folks I know had a woozy/uncomfortable next day or so? eg: A bit light headed, heachachey, or tired...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Many folks I know had a woozy/uncomfortable next day or so? eg: A bit light headed, heachachey, or tired...
    Yeah, typical minor side effects from vaccinations as per the norm.

My Dad just felt a bit iffy (like you would from having a cold/flu) for a day or two and then fine (Pfizer vaccine). My Mum has some muscular pain and bruising, although she does bruise very easily as well (the bruising was in the shape of the nurse's hand), for a few days and now fine (Astra-Zenica vaccine).

I'm still a ways off before getting mine. Meanwhile, the unvaccinated spreaders have been yomping off to the pub for cosy little get togethers under a parasol etc. Surely it would have been good to get more of those most likely to spread the virus vaccinated, which would in-turn help protect the more vulnerable (who probably wouldn't have been flying about the place anyway).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 30-Mar-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

I've had round 1 of the Moderna vaccine. My arm was sore for 2 days and I had chills the first day. Nothing major.

On another Covid note: My post-Covid symptoms are finally beginning to subside. I can walk again for one. That fucking sucked -- full stop and period on that. I don't think the vaccine has anything to do with that though. Time more than anything.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I've had round 1 of the Moderna vaccine. My arm was sore for 2 days and I had chills the first day. Nothing major.

On another Covid note: My post-Covid symptoms are finally beginning to subside. I can walk again for one. That fucking sucked -- full stop and period on that. I don't think the vaccine has anything to do with that though. Time more than anything.
    Glad to hear you are on the mend and have had your first shot!

Administrator

England
    Hope you continue to improve...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

Glad to hear your health is improving - and here's hoping it will continue to improve as well!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts. It's really, really strange to feel fine until you walk 25 meters and your legs feel like lead and don't wanna work. Glad that's over. I took a walk by myself yesterday and my wife called me like 4 times in 20 mins. Ridiculous.

Administrator

England
    ...I took a walk by myself yesterday and my wife called me like 4 times in 20 mins. Ridiculous.
    ...telling you what to pick up from the shops I assume?
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^

Glad you’re doing better, Mike! I’m shocked I haven’t gotten this thing yet. Even though I’m careful, I’d argue that about 70% of people here in the south take no precautions at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    ...telling you what to pick up from the shops I assume?
    HA! No. Afraid I was laying a ditch somewhere...or maybe hoping I was. I dunno sometimes. This one is fuckin' crazy in all the good ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    ^

Glad you’re doing better, Mike! I’m shocked I haven’t gotten this thing yet. Even though I’m careful, I’d argue that about 70% of people here in the south take no precautions at all.
    I did everything I was supposed to and still got it. Airborne diseases are a bitch.

Rising

United States
    I did everything I was supposed to and still got it. Airborne diseases are a bitch.
    "Keep your distance, walk away, don't take his bait
    Don't you stray, don't fade away, yeah
    Watch your step, he's out to get you, come what may
    Don't you stray from the narrow way, yeah"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I forgot to put this down here,

I had the virus over the christmas holidays. Fever for 5 days watched endless films. Five spaghetti westerns, It's a beautiful life and a bunch of other stuff.
    Fever and a runny nose were the only two symptoms for me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

I had the virus over the christmas holidays. Fever for 5 days watched endless films. Five spaghetti westerns, It's a beautiful life and a bunch of other stuff.
    Glad you only had it mild, Ned.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

Did you have a positive test? ie: You know it wasn't another seasonal virus?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Did you have a positive test? ie: You know it wasn't another seasonal virus?
    Yeah, I tested.
    They have a system here where you can book a test-at-home kit through the taxi services. They deliver it to outside your door and then come back and pick it up 20 minutes later.