Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul in 2008!

Undisclosed

Ron Paul in 2008!

Undisclosed
    If he doesnt get a republican nomination I hope he still runs as an independent or as a libertarian....I plan on voting for him

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    when I first glanced at the title for this thread, I saw "Ru Paul in 2008!"

Now that's one i would get behind...

Super Moderator

United States
    I like Ron Paul a lot and am considering devoting some time volunteering to his campaign. He speaks his mind and goes against the grain on a lot of important issues.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    He has genuine intellegence and really knows his ****. He doesn't drop the rediculous right wing one liners like "They'll follow us home" or "We're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here". That **** makes me sick. Its stupidity at its finest. Hes for ending the war, changing foreign policy, Ending the IRS, end the CIA, etc. I mean... this guy has a real plan for the future of America. And that is EXACTLY what we need after the giant cluster-**** that is the Bush Administration.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    this years ralph nader......

United States
    Ron Paul has NO chance. And even if he gets close, he'll never live down blaming the U.S. for 9/11 during one of the Republican debates this year. Those words will haunt him...Giuliani will make sure of that.

Undisclosed
    He has enough support though that if he runs independent as a republican or as a libertarian that he will essentially steal thousands of otherwise republican votes....which in turn will change some of policies in future canidates........Its one of the ways that voting for third parties actually makes your vote count more than voting for a canidate that might win....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Ron Paul doesn't have a chance at winning. So says every major media outlet. And we all know that they can't possibly be wrong. Regardless of what any of those news networks say, I'm casting my vote behind this man. If given the choice between a Democrate who's eager to go to war with Iran, and a Republican who's ready and willing to bomb Iran, or a little known Rebublican who actually talks some sense, I know who I'm backing.
    A waste of time, of course, since every news network says that Ron Paul only has two percent of the support of the American public, and like I said earlier, they're never wrong.

My dad told me that I was wasting my time by backing this man because he doesn't have a chance either. My reply was simply this, "Why, because a box told you so?"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    My dad told me that I was wasting my time by backing this man because he doesn't have a chance either. My reply was simply this, "Why, because a box told you so?"
    Good for you. I hate media manipulation...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    Ron Paul doesn't have a chance at winning. So says every major media outlet. And we all know that they can't possibly be wrong. Regardless of what any of those news networks say, I'm casting my vote behind this man. If given the choice between a Democrate who's eager to go to war with Iran, and a Republican who's ready and willing to bomb Iran, or a little known Rebublican who actually talks some sense, I know who I'm backing.
    A waste of time, of course, since every news network says that Ron Paul only has two percent of the support of the American public, and like I said earlier, they're never wrong.

When people vote for candidates like Ron Paul, they ensure that a Democrat will be put in office. Maybe you are too young to remember Ross Perot, but he helped Bill Clinton win during his first Preisdential run. Ralph Nader is another one of these types.
    Your Dad was right that you are wasting your time. You are not wasting your vote though. It's actually a vote for the Democratic candidate.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    When people vote for candidates like Ron Paul, they ensure that a Democrat will be put in office. Maybe you are too young to remember Ross Perot, but he helped Bill Clinton win during his first Preisdential run. Ralph Nader is another one of these types.
    Your Dad was right that you are wasting your time. You are not wasting your vote though. It's actually a vote for the Democratic candidate.
    I love how you essentially define free will as "Vote Black or White".

Dead

Undisclosed
    I don't see it that way since right now Ron Paul is only running in a primary. It's basically impossible to throw your vote away in a primary unless you vote for somebody like Tom Tancredo or most of the Democrats. And as far as not throwing your vote away by voting for the Dem, I'd beg to differ on that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I love how you essentially define free will as "Vote Black or White".
    The truth is the truth. Sorry if you don't agree. Actually, I'm not sorry at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The truth is the truth. Sorry if you don't agree. Actually, I'm not sorry at all.
    The truth according to you, that is. Which means: It's not the truth at all. It's more of an opinion, actually.