Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YES! I saw a poster at my local theatre

Administrator

England

YES! I saw a poster at my local theatre

It does exist in the UK... Just need to find out when it's showing now

The website as March 7th - http://www.diaryofthedead.co.uk

EDIT! - Oh FFS! So they put a poster up in the cinema, but they're not showing it!!! There is no where around here to see it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    There is no where around here to see it
    Watchu on about Neil? It's all over the West End and nationwide on the 7th. There's more than enough theatres in London showing it.

Although it's noticably absent from quite a few Odeon cinemas tho.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...the only cinema showing it in my area isone of those dirty showcase cinemas.... *does a seth from superbad, the face about a vagina on its own*

and to translate that for americans, cineworlds and pdeans are like burger king and showcases are like wimpys

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh FFS! So they put a poster up in the cinema, but they're not showing it!!!
    why would they do such a thing?

that's pretty harsh...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Watchu on about Neil? It's all over the West End and nationwide on the 7th. There's more than enough theatres in London showing it.

Although it's noticably absent from quite a few Odeon cinemas tho.
    London = 2hrs of travelling and nigh on £40 to see it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Starting to see some UK reviews now. Not very strong neither. Mainly 2 & 3 out of 5 from mainstream critics with the occasional 4 from genre reviewers. The main problem they seem to have with the movie has been well documented here already. The acting and heavy handed message. A lot of them seem to like the professor though.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 04-Mar-2008 at 02:38 PM.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Starting to see some UK reviews now. Not very strong neither. Mainly 2 & 3 out of 5.
    Yup, News Of The World gave it two out of five stars and called it 'Yawn Of The Dead'.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yup, News Of The World gave it two out of five stars and called it 'Yawn Of The Dead'.
    HEY! That's already been taken!

As stated many times before, this film is obviously not for everyone.

England
    Unfortunately from a box office POV the mainstream critics will have the most influence for the casual viewer. Personally i couldn't give a sh*t what they think. Its more of a case of willing the movie to have a good opening weekend. BTW i haven't seen any sort of promotion. Has anybody else? If you do track down the uk reviews be warned. These people don't give a monkeys about spoilers as i've just found out to my dismay.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Oi! Those bastards stole my quip! It doesn't even make any sense, Diary - Dawn - Yawn, you wot?

*runs around like a kid on a gallon of cocaine*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! IT'S SHOWING AT MY LOCAL CINEWORLD!!! YAY!!!

F*ck me, and in the afternoon - I'll be down there straight away in that case! It'll be damn near empty, sweet, my own private screening!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The only advertising I saw for the film was the posters AT the theater. There were alot of them. It was a small theater and was only showing Atonement, Diary, and Rocky Horror...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The main problem they seem to have with the movie has been well documented here already. The acting and heavy handed message.
    I don't get it. What exactly is this mysterious criteria that everyone uses to measure "bad acting" nowadays? It's not as though there are any stellar performances coming from those receiving the biggest paychecks.

At least all you blokes across the pond will soon get to see it.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 04-Mar-2008 at 04:58 PM.

United States
    hope all you who've not yet seen it but soon will enjoy it as much as i did.

*cheers*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! IT'S SHOWING AT MY LOCAL CINEWORLD!!! YAY!!!
    Yup and it's at all three cinemas in my near vacinity. Obviously I'm going to the one with the bar in.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Mar-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yup and it's at all three cinemas in my near vacinity. Obviously I'm going to the one with the bar in.
    That pisses me off! I've heard that you guys have alcohol served in your theaters and we don't! At least not in my area or any that i've seen.

I would kill to have a few mugs of beer at the theater...